Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Organizing Your Life

When you hear the term: Organizing Your Life, does your mind flash forward to a room or closet in your home that is cluttered and crammed full of "lost treasure's."  Does your heart start to beat a little faster just thinking about this space of clutter?

Breathe....

Rome wasn't built in a day and the closet that you have been cramming full of stuff for the last 5 years isn't going to fix itself in a day either!

Let me tell you what organizing boils down too, its really quite simple, you probably won't even believe me when I tell you...

AUTHENTICITY

Webster defines Authentic as:

 adjective \ə-ˈthen-tik, -\

: real or genuine : not copied or false
: true and accurate

Often I get asked why being authentic is so important in organizing, and the truth is this...

Usually, not ALWAYS, but usually when someone is experiencing clutter or disorganization, it is because there is an area of your life that you currently feel out of control of. Some times its the shock of a situation, sometimes losing yourself to someone or something, and sometimes its so deep, and been covered up with some many destructive habits, that its hard to pinpoint. Being open, genuine and authentic will allow to clean the mess up in your heart & soul once and for all.  Believe it or not it is really the foundation of beginning your organization make over.

So let me be authentic in front of you and show you some of my own Vulnerabilities that lead to my organizing "wakening."
       I think I was drawn to organizing because I felt so out of control of my own life growing            up. I didn't have a very good home life, and my mother was an unorganized mess. I felt          like my world was closing in on me and I needed to run away before the avalanche of her        self destruction buried me! I have learned over the years that organizing is very little              about the space that you are cleaning, its really about getting down to the heart of why it        got to this in the first place.

Allowing yourself the blessing of being authentic, even if it is in your head, means allowing yourself to start to feel Joy again.  When you numb Vulnerability, (in this case with clutter) you are also numbing Joy. You have to allow yourself to feel the discomfort of whatever it is you're hiding from so you can move past it. Its like ripping off a band aide, you know its going to sting, and you are going to want to curse under your breathe, but after a little time passes, you really don't feel it anymore.

So what do you think, are you ready to begin your journey?

If you think you are, then please join me back here tomorrow and we will start the journey of:


 31 days of everything in its place!

I hope to see you have here tomorrow! 

~Joyfully Yours,
              Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment