Thursday, July 25, 2013

Finding Life's Simply Joy's

Do you at time's feel a little like a bungee cord? Being pulled at both ends and there is no give left.  STOP!

Stop right now and look out your window.  Is the sun shining? Is it raining the kind of rain that makes your want to curl up in your bed and read a book?  There is Joy all around, and right now, at this moment, are you taking it in? Or wishing it way for a moment that is ahead of you?

I am 29 years old, and over the last 5 years I have been on a journey to understand what life is really about. I know that this is going to sound silly when I tell you this, but at 24 I had a "semi-" Mid life crisis moment! I didn't understand how some people are so blessed and other's couldn't get ahead no matter how hard they worked! (Yes I was on of the "couldn't" get a head bunch at the time.) So I started reading. I read Eat Pray Love, The Secret, and about a dozen other books. But I couldn't get the answer's I wanted. I keep reading over and over again that you have to stop doing things in the negative and move towards the positive, you have to stop focusing on what you don't have, you have to stop doing things for yourself and have a heart of giving, and gratitude.  I WAS EVEN MORE CONFUSED! I could hardly afford to pay my own bills, how could I give what I didn't have away???

Then something happened. It was life changing to me, and looking back now, I know it was my turning point, but in that moment I had no idea.  I meet my friend (at the time new landlord) Bonnie Keagy.  She was like life changing moment. She helped me to understand that if I keep a positive mind, seek to have good people around me, and be grateful, that things will simply change.  

Now don't be mistaken by the above paragraph.  Life still throws me curve balls but the difference is  I look for the positive life lessons in it now, not the chaos of the moment. 

If you stick with me, I will show you life's little joys and before you know it you will be seeing your own joy's.  Something that will help inspire you to notice these joy's is to start a gratitude journal.  It could just be a $0.50 note book that you get when you take your kids back to school shopping or something like mine that say's Dream Big! Just take 5 minutes before bed and write down 3 things that you are grateful for during the day.  I will always end my blogs with my three things! 


My Gratitude Journal:
1.  It is a beautiful 72 degrees outside today! I was shocked! Its the middle of July! I am thankful to have to Lord shining the Sun down on my bare arms!
2. That my in-laws are always so gracious with us. My son always has a wonderful retreat from the world, and they love him so much! It makes my heart swell with pride in the family that I was lucky enough to marry into!
3. My healthy diet. It feels wonderful to keep my family on the track of longer life! 


What your 3 items of Ordinary Joy that you are grateful for today?

Joyfully yours,
-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment